Ch Deja Vu In Like Flynn CD PT HOF ROMPX

Ch Deja Vu In Like Flynn CD PT HOF ROMPX
Ch Deja Vu Up Close & Personal HOF ROMX

this is one of my favorite pictures of Udo

this is one of my favorite pictures of Udo
Udo group 1 judge E Sullivan

Specialty Best In Show shown by friend Pat Murray

Specialty Best In Show shown by friend Pat Murray
Udo- winning his first specialty @ 2 years old shortly after being returned to me

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Singing In The Shower

I love to write. I am not very good at it. For me, it is kind of like singing in the shower. When I live alone with my writing, it reads brilliantly. When I compare it to others' I know it is sadly pretty poor. I like my vocabulary pretty well but I am acutely aware that my grammar sucks.
It also depends on my subject. I can wax philosophic about dogs for days...Briards, training, behavior, their owners, and all the crazy stories in between.
I think the craziest stories are the ones built on the phone calls I have received over the years. They are also the most maddening. The woman with the Great Dane whose husband is going to make her get rid of the dog on a pre-arranged specific date if the 10 month old dog does not "shape up" and listen to him. But he won't train the dog, won't pet the dog, won't interact with the dog. He just wants to bark commands at him. The wife's concern was not for the dog's miserable life. She was afraid that if she did not follow directions her husband would leave her.
Bye bye.

2 comments:

  1. Uhm.. you're an excellent writer.. (probably sing well too) Keep it up.. I will try and stay in better touch. We dog writers need to stick together.. (because when we're old, we'll need to pool together our meager social security checks to feed our dogs.. ) Ahh.. the life of the dog writer.. _so lucrative.. NOT. GREAT STUFF TERRY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, I am no writer (although I certainly put a lot of words in a row), but that's no reason not to do something you love, ESPECIALLY since so many people enjoy your writing. I know I do. I love your head-shaking stories about crazy people who probably should not have dogs. I love your Briard and dog training stories. I always learn something.
    Don't worry about grammar. A 'real' writer friend of mine (he actually makes a living writing) once called me a storyteller. No grammar required, as long as you're a storyteller and people like to listen to your tales. Decibel says that should be tails. She's the smart one in the family, as you know.

    ReplyDelete


Violet at 8 months specialty weekend